Monday 27 June 2011

Magnolia card and matching pin cushion

Hi blogging beauty's
I hope everyone is well and having fun crafting....I am here with my latest project a maggie card and matching pin cushion. I have never made one of these before so this is a first for me...I didnt really know what I was doing lol but I thought I'd give it a go.
I used magnolia stamps from the latest collection sweet rainbow.
- watercan tilda - cellar door - hugo snail



I made this out of plain cotton material, stamped my image and coloured it with copics. I added a large flower that I put together and coloured with my copic abs.


The flowers...


Watering can Tilda...she is so sweet!!


I hand stitched around the edges of the piece in the background. I added some stickles to the dragonfly to make it all shimmery, bit hard to see in the pics. I also went over the swirls on the background paper with some clear spica.


The fence is a Magnolia doo hickey which I made brown by using some chalk ink.


This is the inside of the card, I hand stitched around the edges of the greeting panel. Hugo is so cute! I added some pearls down the side.


Well I hope you like my set, Thanks for looking, I appreciate/love to read your comments.

Hugz Ashlee

Challenges:

Magnolia down under - stitch and swirl - http://www.magnoliadownunderchallenges.blogspot.com/


All that scraps magnolia challenge - summer - http://www.atsblog.typepad.com/ats/magnolia-ats-challenge/

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for joing us at TOMIC this week!
    How cool you´ve made the pin cushion, I am really impressed! Lovely card aswell, I admit I really like this new Tilda too!
    Hugs/Lillemor

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I mean WOW!! LOL!! That pin cushion is amazing and you hand stitched on your card!! That looks like a lot of work but all is just gorgeous! OH and I see your swirls on the dp. Brilliant!! Thanks for joining us this week at MDCU! Hope to see you back! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what beautiful projects!!!
    LOVE THEM!!
    hugs, Janiel
    MDCU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..my..oh..my!!
    This is gorgeous!
    Beautiful projects ♥
    Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful gift set Ashlee and so creative! I love your colouring and all the gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable set Ashlee! Super cute Tilda and love your pin cushion coloring/creating too! So glad you linked up to the All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete